Why can't I receive pictures by messaging on my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active?

A

AC Question

cant receive pictures by messaging on samsung galaxy s5 active

cant receive my grandkids pictures

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: cant receive pictures by messaging on samsung galaxy s5 active

Do they seem to download but you can't see them? Or does it do nothing when you press the link? Or do you just not get the message at all?

(If they're using an iPhone to send you the pictures, tell them to send you at least one iMessage marked to be sent as SMS. Apple uses a proprietary method that no other phone can work with [Apple wants their firstborn and all the money in the world, or something like that, for rights to use it], so an iPhone has to be told "this number can't use iMessage. From now on, use the normal method that everyone else uses." Apple has sort of admitted that it made a huge mistake not making the system automatically compatible and they're promising a fix. I wouldn't hold your grandkids' breath.)

Let us know if you need any more help. (Create a free account and keep it going in this thread, so we know what's been said already.) If you can't see them at least every weekend, pictures are the next best thing. (I moved almost 700 miles when I retired for that reason - to see them all the time.)

Kayla Neyhart

May 29, 2015
Visit site
My phone will not let me send or receive pictures it says to download but it is not downloading. Also ive tried to send a picture messages however it just says sending with the blue buffering circle and it never sends???