Where would I find my clipboard on my device?

A

AC Question

where would I find my clipboard on my device?

I copied a text to it and I want to see it before I delete my conversation

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: where would I find my clipboard on my device?

If you start a new email or text, press and hold until the word Paste appears, and it'll paste the most recent thing you copied to your clipboard. Then you can delete the draft message without sending it.

As for seeing everything on your clipboard, it depends on your device. On some Samsung devices, for example, you open the messaging app, press and hold where you would normally type your message, the clipboard comes up. Some devices show a clipboard icon on the keyboard in certain circumstances. If you search Clipboard in the Play store, you'll see apps that let you easily view and manage your clipboard.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

The clipboard is a section of RAM (volatile memory) held aside for storing things you copy or cut, it's not an app. If you look at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...rch?q=clipboard+manager&c=apps&token=_weelVSX you'll see a number of apps that can show you what's being held in there at the moment (and can give you various little things you can do, like see what's been in there the past few days, add something in there, etc.) Most of them are free, so install one, play with it, if you don't like it uninstall it and install another one.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Open an app that you can type text into and paste. (With most apps, long-press the area in which you add text and a "Paste" button will come up. Or there may be a paste icon [a clip board] at the top of the screen.)

If you do this often, you might want to install a clipboard manager, like Clipper - Clipboard Manager.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

The best clipboard display of all recently saved items and images is on a Samsung stock Internet app by holding the url entry box. A bit like a Gallery of texts and/or images.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Where it actually goes isn't a file, it's in RAM (memory that disappears when you restart or turn off the phone).

MattSophios

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site

If you start a new email or text, press and hold until the word Paste appears, and it'll paste the most recent thing you copied to your clipboard. Then you can delete the draft message without sending it.

As for seeing everything on your clipboard, it depends on your device. On some Samsung devices, for example, you open the messaging app, press and hold where you would normally type your message, the clipboard comes up. Some devices show a clipboard icon on the keyboard in certain circumstances. If you search Clipboard in the Play store, you'll see apps that let you easily view and manage your clipboard.

Thanks mate, I always wanted to know.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci