Why aren't some services and websites working on wifi?

A

AC Question

Some services and websites not working on Wifi

Ok, so I recently shifted over to Android with the Moto G 2014 running 4.4.4 Kitkat, and I've started experiencing some problems with accessing certain internet services on my home wifi. Very weirdly, everything works fine on my office Wifi. Services which don't work include (but are probably not limited to):

Facebook: Mobile and Web, photos don't load.
Feedly: App doesn't update
Android Central: Mobile and Web. When accessing on mobile, I get a webpage not found. When trying to access on the app, the app doesn't update.
Google Now: Cant load settings, doesn't register internet access.

In cases where the web version doesn't work on the browser, I've tried using Firefox, Chrome and Chrome beta.

I know this isn't a wifi problem because everything loads fine both on my friend's windows phone and my PC. Interestingly, even my other roommate's android suffers from the same problem. (Xolo. Not sure which one. Running 4.x JB or Kitkat, will update once I confirm)

My Wifi runs on a D-Link DIR-605L, with IP and DNS obtained dynamically from the ISP. No information about my office wifi.

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Some services and websites not working on Wifi

I have the same thing with a Linksys. Setting up a guest account and using that cleared up some of it. (Don't ask me why - I was just a network engineer, so I don't really understand how these things work - or, at least, that's what Linksys' live chat "technician" said to me. They got my money when I bought the router - they're not interested in wasting their money to make it work properly. I was going to go with D-Link next - Linky and D-Link used to be the best. Evidently not any more.)