How do I keep the screen awake longer during calls?

A

AC Question

Keypad access during calls

Hi, I'm fairly new to the Galaxy S5 and I'd like to know how to keep the screen awake longer during calls. I'm having a problem during calls when I need to use the keypad to enter a long number. If I pause entering the number for for even a couple seconds, the screen goes black before I can finish entering the number. I have to shake it awake to continue. This happens even when I'm holding the phone camera in front of my face (which is really difficult when you're trying to read numbers and type!).
I have Smart stay turned ON and Screen timeout set to 3 minutes. Can anyone tell me what else I can do?

smashbucket

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Keypad access during calls

Thanks, Golfdriver that should work.

I did some research and found the *#0*# code to check the proximity sensor. Unless the phone is an inch or less from my hand or face the screen will not turn green. Seems like it should be able to sense something a litte further away than that. Or is that normal behavior?

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Keypad access during calls

Thanks, Golfdriver that should work.

I did some research and found the *#0*# code to check the proximity sensor. Unless the phone is an inch or less from my hand or face the screen will not turn green. Seems like it should be able to sense something a litte further away than that. Or is that normal behavior?
I also think that's normal. That is probably the assumed distance most people keep the phone next to their ear.

Sent from an AOSP M8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae