Why does my phone ringer turn itself off?

A

AC Question

why does my phone ringer turn itself off

For no reason my Galaxy S4 phone ringer shuts itself off.....any time...any place...by itself
No...it is not an issue with pressure on volume buttons or movement. It can be laying untouched on table and the ringer will shut off. Does anyone have a fix?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why does my phone ringer turn itself off

Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean it doesn't even ring at all, or it starts ringing, then cuts off even if you haven't answered? Or does the setting actually change to Silent on its own?

Belinda Moore

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
My galaxy 4 does the exact same thing. If I am near it I hear a buzz and when I check the phone Low and behold it has miraculously turn itself on mute. WTH? I don't have to touch it at all it does it on its on. I am always missing call because of it. It can be sitting on the table and it will turn the ringer off within 5-10 mins of me turning the ringer back on. ITS SO ANNOYING! I was thinking maybe something I have downloaded is controlling the volume but I have no clue why its doing it.

nitrojc63

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem. But i cant seem to find anyone with answer to this problem. have looked all over the internet. may are asking the question but getting no answers in reply. I can turn the sound on, set my notifications etc to full volume. will be fine for a bit then do what you are saying, mute itself. I also cant get the slider for ringtone to slide and stay. it automatically jumps back to mute on slider. i cant set it at all. this phone not even two weeks old and am so very frustrated over the volume issues.

Coach88

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: why does my phone ringer turn itself off

Smae here... i havent really payed much attention to when it happens but I've noticed it on several occasions.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae