Best device advice for college student?

A

AC Question

I currently own a macbook pro and an ipad air. The ipad air deems useless for me because i can only have one app open at a time and most of my school sites wont work since they run on flash.. so im planning on selling it. I currently lug the macbook pro around everywhere i go and its killing my back! it also takes too long to load and the speakers are very low. I need something lightweight and good for basic school work, pdfs, powerpoints, excel, word and internet searches. I enjoy the option of having 2 windows open at once, that being said...i need help deciding what my best option is. the surface pro 2 is out of my price range. I need to stay under $800 but for the sake of my eyes i need at least a 10" screen. I know nothing about tech specs...should i just sell everything and get a macbook air? would i benefit from having maybe some sort of Galaxy tablet while keeping my pro? If so which one is best?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you considered a Chromebook? They're becoming increasingly popular for school, ranging from elementary to college. Assuming you have wi-fi in most places on campus, it should work well for all of the uses you mentioned. It might not have the same game-playing ability as a tablet, but it will definitely be better for schoolwork and productivity.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you considered a Chromebook? They're becoming increasingly popular for school, ranging from elementary to college. Assuming you have wi-fi in most places on campus, it should work well for all of the uses you mentioned. It might not have the same game-playing ability as a tablet, but it will definitely be better for schoolwork and productivity.

See you alot here :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair