Gmail 5.0, how to set multiple avatars?

A

AC Question

Hi, installed the APK of Gmail 5.0. I have it working perfectly with a gmail account, an exchange account and a icloud account. My gmail account has my picture from google+ as an avatar. The exchange and mac.com both use the letter "E" (my first initial). How can I get the "E" to be a picture of my choosing?

Thanks!

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Try creating a separate entry in your contacts for each of your other addresses and set the contact picture with the one you want it to use....not positive, but this may work

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I only have 2 accounts in gmail. My regular gmail has my Google+ picture, which is what I want. My corporate exchange account is also there, but like you it has a B for my first name. I want to change the B to a picture, a different picture than my gmail avatar, so I can easily see which one is which. Maybe a little anal, but I would like to know how to do this as well.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Brandon, change the avatar on your business Gmail account to what you want to see in th Gmail app - that's where it gets the avatar.

To the OP, I don't know if changing your avatar on the other accounts (if you can - I don't think Exchange Server has anything to do with avatars) will change it in your Gmail app. There's so much that app won't do that I use Email instead. If you don't need public/private key encryption, it's a plain old email app. It does what an email app is supposed to do (other than allow you to forward full headers as text) with no gimmicks. (If you need encryption, K-9 Mail does PGP.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon