I bought a Digital 2 9 Tablet running KitKat, why won't the keyboard work?

A

AC Question

i bought a digital2 9" tablet running kitkat, the keyboard will not work

When I tap on the letter P, an S might show up, when I try to use the backspace key an A might show up. This is a 9" android tablet made by Digital2 and using kitkat, it has 1gb ram and 8GB storage, no bluetooth, 1078x600 screen, very fast, but keyboard is messed up, any ideas would be great, thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: i bought a digital2 9" tablet running kitkat, the keyboard will not work

Welcome to Android Central! It might be a hardware defect (the digitizer) or a software defect. Try installing another keyboard like SwiftKey. If that also doesn't work correctly, then it's probably a hardware problem.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: i bought a digital2 9" tablet running kitkat, the keyboard will not work

It's probably still under warranty. If you bought it very recently it may still be under an exchange warranty. Bring it back, or call the place you bought it, and ask for a replacement. There's no reason to fix things that are under warranty unless the fix is something simple like pressing a few buttons. (And I say that as an ex-dealer. Bring it in while it's still under warranty, not after you tried to fix it and voided the warranty by doing something wrong. The dealer gets a new one, so it doesn't cost him anything more than a few minutes of time.)

Even something this simple - where a different keyboard may fix it (and I use SwiftKey as my normal keyboard) - is something I wouldn't put up with if it happened to a device I bought as a consumer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22