On my Droid Mini, why can I hear the person on the other end but they can't hear me?

A

AC Question

Droid Mini - I can hear the person on the other end but they can't hear me.

Hi everyone,

I've read some very helpful threads here and was wondering if there is a solution/suggestions for a problem with my Droid Mini.

When I make a call while riding the train, I can hear the other caller perfectly but they can't hear when I'm talking, instead they only hear the noises in the background (such as train announcements, other passengers talking). When I get out onto the street, or call from indoor buildings, I can be heard and there is no problem.

I brought back my first Droid Mini to Verizon and they gave me a replacement, but encounter the same issue. I initially thought it might be a defective microphone, but ruled that out because I can make calls without problems on the street or in buildings. I take different trains each day and still have the same problem regardless of location, and other people sitting next to me are able to talk to others with no problems. I also spoke with Verizon's tech support and they've mapped out the locations where I am making my calls, and the reception signal is very strong in these areas.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem, or have some suggestions on how to solve this issue? Might there be some hardware/software problem? Thank you!