Why isn't my cell phone connecting to wifi automatically?

A

AC Question

my cell phone does not connect to wifi automatically?

i have to switch it off and on wifi.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: my cell phone does not connect to wifi automatically?

So with WiFi on it won't connect automatically, you have to turn it off and then back on for it to connect? In your WiFi settings have you disabled anything, like notify me when in range of WiFi, or scanning always available? When is the last time you powered down your device? Sometimes simply restarting the device will clear up issues like this. It may be that you have a few full caches that it doesn't like and restarting will, should, clear those or it could just be that your WiFi is stuck thinking it's still connected to the last network it was connected to and doesn't want to reconnect to it or any other until you prompt it to do so. Whatever it is a restart may take care of it, but also check your settings. Now it's rare but occasionally having your device forget the network and renewing the network will be the answer. It's like the network connection gets stale and needs to be freshened up, because I'm assuming, because you didn't mention it, that you aren't losing your network connection once you are connected, correct? It's only getting that initial connection. Also maybe if you say what device you are using others will respond with information specific to your device, like the last update for the Max from Verizon is having this known bug and I've heard that a patch is due out. Just for example.