Is there a NON-Samsung Android device with Spen?

A

AC Question

NON-Samsung Android device with Spen

I love the Spen feature of Note series from Samsung. But I just dont like the Samsung flavour of Android. I have a Motorola RAZR XT910 & Nexus 7. I love the original Android and the moto version. I have used S4 mini for 4 months and I hated it. But I love to scribble things and still carry around a pocket pad & pen even though I have a smart phone. Scribbling with your finger its not that easy especially on a 5 inch screen.
So, is there any NON-Samsung Android device with Spen like device. I love the spen due to its compact size and thin tip. Its gives the feel of writing on a pocket pad with pen.
I am surprised that nexus 6 did not feature a s-pen like device. Why is no other company making a true Note 4 alternative?? Did Samsung patent spen like technology???

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: NON-Samsung Android device with Spen

The pen isn't the only part of the technology, there's a 5th layer to the screen that detects where the pen is, whether it's touching the glass and whether the button is pressed. Samsung probably has many patents on not only the way to do it, but just doing it.