Can the Note4 even play music through bluetooth?

Jason W1

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I paired the device to my car and it does calls but when I try to play music it comes through the phon
e speaker. When I go to the bluetooth options the "call audio" box checked in the bluetooth options and I dont see any other check boxes. Does the note 4 not play music through bluetooth?

Additional information: my car is a 2010 Kia Forte koup ex. The car stereo came standard. I don't know for a fact that it cam play music but I can't imagine why it wouldn't.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Like any Android device, the Note 4 can stream music over Bluetooth. The important question here is if your car has streaming Bluetooth audio. What year, make and model is your car? Is it the factory stereo or an aftermarket?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There are two entirely different profiles for Bluetooth - audio (which is used for phone calls) and media (which is used for music). If the car's Bluetooth doesn't have a media profile, you won't get music on the car speakers.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In the music player application, find the options tab, click that and click listen through Bluetooth. It should work then.

I don't think this will help, because the OP mentioned that in the Settings>Bluetooth menu under the car stereo selection, the only thing that comes up is "Call Audio." If the car stereo could stream Bluetooth, there would also be a "Media Audio" checkbox as well. That's why I think his car stereo doesn't support streaming Bluetooth audio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox