How to transfer files and data to a new phone?

g12528

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys I finally got a oneplusone but I'm having issues setting it up. I want to transfer files apps etc from my HTC mate to the new phone. Is this possible?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Any data associated with your Google account (like contacts, calendar events, emails) will sync automatically with your new phone. But those contacts and calendars have to be associated with your Google account, not the Phone account.

Apps can be reinstalled easily from Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore, as long as you're using the same account. App data is harder to move over, although you could use an app like Helium to back up your old phone and try to restore to the new one.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If you get a Motorola phone (specifically the Turbo and either Moto X, plus others), you can use Migrate, preinstalled on the new phone Have both devices on a wireless network, run it on the new phone, install it on the old phone, when prompted scan the QR on the new phone using the old one and they'll connect and transfer. It transfers contacts, some app data (Facebook app login comes to mind) and MAY transfer apps also. The guy at the Verizon store was impressed when we used it for my mom's phone and it went FASTER than their "cloud" system and actually WORKED.

That app will ONLY work with Motorola devices as the NEW device. Motorola Migrate by Motorola

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer