Is there anything I can do to limit my phone from heating up?

Wayne Ali

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi is there anything i can do to limit my phone from heating up.

It usually heats up when used for a period of time and especially when i use it whilst its heating.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
'Heat is work and work is heat.' Ain't nothing you can do about that. Unless the heat is abnormally high, it just shows your phone is doing what it's designed to do. You can only prevent the heat by using the phone less and using it for less processor-intensive tasks.

If you think there may be a fault, tell us more.

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hi is there anything i can do to limit my phone from heating up.

The battery produces heat when it's being charged or discharged, and the various radios (especially the transmitters - 2G, 3G and or 4G) produce heat when they're running.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I'd better just add that when I said 'it just shows your phone is doing what it's designed to do', I didn't mean that its purpose is to produce heat....I just meant that it is functioning as a phone, a side effect of which is the generation of heat.

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hi is there anything i can do to limit my phone from heating up.

Science is still searching for perfection - changing one form of energy to another without any loss, which is where heat comes from - but I don't think that will ever happen in this universe. We have a little thing here called "entropy" - which makes almost any device a heat generator. (Even rain falling generates heat from the conversion of potential energy to kinetic energy.) Anything that functions has, as a side effect, the production of heat. (And a nice warm phone in your pocket on a cold day could be said to be "one of the purposes of the phone".) :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae