Why isn't my S4 Active charging?

Sunshine Dlay

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
S4 Active not charging

I have recently been having problems with my S4 active. I have had this phone for just a little over a year and have kept it in an otter box defender since I purchased. The problems all started when I noticed that my phone would not stay properly connected to the charging cable.I thought this was odd but kept on charging it an within a weeks time of noticing this issue my phone would no longer charge when connected to the cable. I did try using other cables as 2 others that live in my household all have S4's as well. No luck! So I even went ahead and purchased a replacement USB charging port an then followed a YouTube video (there were many) to replace this part. adding the new part did not resolve this issue. Any suggestions????

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: S4 Active not charging

Welcome to Android Central! It's still possible the charging port could be the problem--can you be certain that you did the replacement exactly correctly? Or it could be some of the circuitry on the motherboard that has failed. In either case, you'd probably have to bring it to a Samsung service center or a local repair shop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user