Silence calls/ringer when streaming audio over Bluetooth?

onionzzz

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I want to stop calls from ringing on my bluetooth speaker. I use it at work and the ringer is obnoxiously loud compared to the music I'm playing. I turned down the ringer volume under 'Sound & Notification', but it still rings...

Nexus 5, stock Lollipop.

Thank you!

EDIT: Fixed by going into Bluetooth Settings, selecting the setting icon next to my Bluetooth speaker, and deslecting 'Phone audio'.

Last edited:

butterfly210

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Turn notifications off then when u play music u will not hear any notifications no calls nothing... But with notifications off u have to manually Chk to make sure u r not missing important calls Txt etc..

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Other than manually silencing the phone prior to playing music, you could use something like Tasker to automatically silence your phone when you connect to a certain bluetooth device.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Or make a "ringtone" file of one second of silence. Then have Tasker switch to that for the ringtone when the music app is running. If you make a click at the beginning or end of the "silent ringtone", you'll know that the phone is ringing without being annoyed.

onionzzz

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
When connected to Bluetooth, they are not independent. I have ring volume all the way down (vibrate icon is showing). Just tested with a call to myself from my work phone, and the speaker rings at an unbearable volume ...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe not a solution for you, but if you root the phone and run Xposed and the Wanam module (I thing that's the one - someone correct me if my memory crashed), you can get separate Notification, ringtone, system and media volume controls.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon