Why does my phone have a Delay on dialing (about a minute)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelfsquestion

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Delay on dialing (about a minute) : Samsung galaxy GT-N7000

I've Samsung galaxy GT-N7000.
I got this problem recently, which I dial a number and didn't respond for a minute.

How can I fix this problem?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Delay on dialing (about a minute) : Samsung galaxy GT-N7000

Welcome to the forums.
So the delay is between pressing call and actually hearing it ring?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

If the problem is a long delay between pressing call and the call connecting, it is probably due to carrier itself, probably not the phone. Have you tried contacting the carrier? Maybe a bad sim card? There also may be a problem with the cell radios.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Another option might be to clear the cache for the Phone app. Go to Settings>apps>swipe over to all apps>scroll down to Phone. Click on it, then click clear cache.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

During heavy usage of the office the tower is connected to (like just around 5PM), it's going to take a while to pick a line for the call. If the CO is particularly old (few selectors [or the electronic equivalent, these days]), it can take a relatively long time. If it happens at 3AM on a Wednesday morning, when the weather is normal, I'd check with the carrier. Not on Sunday afternoon during Christmas week or, even worse, Mother's Day before about 3PM - that's the heaviest time of year for telcos, like Thanksgiving for airlines (and drunk drivers, believe it or not).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

About the only suggestions I can offer (since it's out of warranty) are go to your carrier's tech support location and talk to them about it, bring it in for an estimate or reflash the modem (or the whole ROM if you can't find a modem file for it). It could be either a hardware problem, a software problem or a carrier problem. Without having the phone in my hands I can't get any closer than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781