Why is it after the upgrad to Lollipop and I lost the ability to sort contacts by group membership?

novemberdrive

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Upgraded to Lollypop and lost ability to sort contacts by group membership

Before Android 5 I could short my contacts by group membership. Think he google app was people. In 5.0 using contacts app I can not find any way to sort by group. Any suggestions?

jrmcphillips

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Upgraded to Lollypop and lost ability to sort contacts by group membership

I agree, the groups feature in the People app was useful. What's odd is that it is still possible to specify which groups a contact is in, but there's apparently no longer any functionality that leverages that information.

Before Android 5 I could short my contacts by group membership. Think he google app was people. In 5.0 using contacts app I can not find any way to sort by group. Any suggestions?

Snkan

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Upgraded to Lollypop and lost ability to sort contacts by group membership

This is yet another "failure" of Android 5 - Lollipop. In my earlier version with Android 4.4 in Nexus 5, I could 'categorise' my contacts, and could list them as the options bar on top of the Contacts App contained "Frequent", "Contacts" and "groups". Now there is no way I can list specific groups and have to scroll the ENTIRE phone book. Imagine if I had a few thousands of contacts and needed to select only those pertaining to a specific group. Pity - the list of "blunders" in Android 5 is increasing my the day...hope Google brings out an upgrade/utility in Android 5 through which you can Downgrade back to Android 4....