What is turning on my wifi?

MikiSunshine

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
i know I turned my wifi off to save battery life. I'll be reading a book in Kindle, the Kindle locks up, and I notice my wifi is now on. It also seems like 30 apps have suddenly loaded and my memory and battery life and getting lower and lowers

I turn off the wifi, close the apps I have no use for, and reload Kindle and the same thing happens after a short while. Rinse and repeat.

Can someone help me figure out what program(s) are doing this and how to stop them?

ETA: Using MetroPCS with an LG Spirit 4G and Android 4.0.4

Last edited:

Sidney Henry

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Some of the apps that you would have installed had asked for permission to access some of the features on your phone. One such feature is the WiFi. When you would have installed kindle it would have requested permission to access your Wifi among other things. By accepting and installing it has access to modify your phone settings.

MikiSunshine

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Some of the apps that you would have installed had asked for permission to access some of the features on your phone. One such feature is the WiFi. When you would have installed kindle it would have requested permission to access your Wifi among other things. By accepting and installing it has access to modify your phone settings.

Just saw this. I know about granting permissions to apps but Kindle doesn't turn the WiFi on or off. Just accesses it when available. Any way to find out what other app or apps may actually have permission to turn it on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox