android lollipop manual update

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Dear my friends. 1 week ago I tried to manually update Android 5. 0 on my Nexus 5 device. But when the update ended I was back on Android 4.4.4. And now I'm wondering and I'm kind of afraid because I didn't receive Android OTA update. was there any problem with my installation and if so what should I do to get properly update Android 5.0?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I suspect that your phone was rooted at one time (even if it isn't any more) or you're running a non-stock ROM. One of the first things an update does is check the environment it's in to make sure the ROM isn't rooted, and it's the stock ROM. (Updating a phone that's had its ROM modified, either by flashing a new one or by doing things you can only do when rooted, can hard-brick a phone.) That applies to updates you do manually or over the air updates - it's the same update file.

If that's the case, restore the latest stock ROM you can find. (If it's not 4.4.4, the phone will update to 4.4.4, then update to Lollipop - eventually. [You get put back at the end of the queue. You can try About device/Software update to force it.])

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I suspect that your phone was rooted at one time (even if it isn't any more) or you're running a non-stock ROM. One of the first things an update does is check the environment it's in to make sure the ROM isn't rooted, and it's the stock ROM. (Updating a phone that's had its ROM modified, either by flashing a new one or by doing things you can only do when rooted, can hard-brick a phone.) That applies to updates you do manually or over the air updates - it's the same update file.

If that's the case, restore the latest stock ROM you can find. (If it's not 4.4.4, the phone will update to 4.4.4, then update to Lollipop - eventually. [You get put back at the end of the queue. You can try About device/Software update to force it.])

Yes I did rooted my device back then when Android 5.0 was on developer mode. But then I unrooted my device on stock Android. So now I have to do what? Id didn't understand please make it clear I'm a newbie in this section. :(

Posted via the Android Central App on nexus 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci