I got OTA update alert for Lollipop on my Nexus 4 but after failed attempts of download it is gone, what do I do?

Venki Venki

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I got OTA update alert for Lollipop on my nexus 4, but after failed attempts of download it is gone

Like I said above it is no longer showing as update available.

What can I do?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC.☺

Do you have any idea for the reason that the download failed? For example, a wifi connection is usually necessary for downloading such updates....was yours good?

It may help, I don't know, if you perform a Cache Partition wipe, and clear the app Cached Data, before the update, which I imagine will appear in System Updates again soon.

Posted via Android Central App

sachin_sachin

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: I got OTA update alert for Lollipop on my nexus 4, but after failed attempts of download it is g

I am also facing this problem. Yesterday i got lollipop update...after 2-3 failed attempt of download due to low internet speed, now it is gone.

isinglass

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: I got OTA update alert for Lollipop on my nexus 4, but after failed attempts of download it is g

I am also facing this problem. Yesterday i got lollipop update...after 2-3 failed attempt of download due to low internet speed, now it is gone.
Me too. I got an OTA Update notification and was almost done downloading it, but at 11:59 pm, the download seemed to fail and the update stopped and disappeared. Now when I check for the update manually, it thinks I'm up to date even though the OS has clearly not changed.

siandro

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

Same here! I had more than enough space, however warning was the same...not enough memory...
Yet I didn't clear the app Cached Data.
Someone has apparently changed his mind.
Hope to see OTA again soon.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

1) If the phone has ever been rooted, or you're running any custom ROM, the update will fail. It's either that or risk bricking the phone. (Even if you unrooted, if you changed anything while rooted, or there are still "leftovers" from rooting, the update will fail.)

2) If you check for an update less than 24 hours after the last one, you won't find any. You have to either wait 24 hours between tries or change your phone's clock so it thinks 24 hours have passed.