How do I set up SpamFilter Acct for Rcvng/Regular Acct for sending email on my phone?

Maureen Pierce

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
How to set up SpamFilter Acct for Rcvng/Regular Acct for Sending email on phone

LG-G3 phone / T-Mobile: Replaces the LG-G3 I bought three months ago but was stolen...question is this...I have a spam filter email account that works in conjunction with my regular email account. Previously I set email up on my phone so that I would only receive email via the spam filter account but could send using my regular email account. This was especially important for replying. When replying, I would change the email from address so that my normal email account was the sender, not my spam filter account. Here is the problem. I do not remember how I did it. In order to set up email accounts on the LG-G3 you must have an incoming/outgoing server for each. In order to be able to select my normal email account as the sender, it must be set up with incoming/outgoing servers and MUST connect which I do not want it to do for receiving email (otherwise I get two copies of emails that were filtered along with all the emails that were filtered out...defeats the purpose)...I set the "normal" email account update to all manual but that is only partially helpful as when I open email it will update/sync all email accounts (there seems to be no way to turn off syncing for either incoming/outgoing email. The spam filter account empties the email bucket on my server when it runs but depending on when I open email on my phone and when the spam filter account checks for email on my server, I may end up with email on my phone that I do not want (as noted above).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to set up SpamFilter Acct for Rcvng/Regular Acct for Sending email on phone

It depends on the email app you're using, but most of them let you set up the default From address to one account, so you send from that account regardless of which account you received the email you're responding to. Look in Settings/Accounts, then the account you want to send from to see if there's anything about using it as the default sending or From address.

Worst case, delete all your email accounts and set them up again, taking note of which one you set as the default.

(If you're running a gmail address, GMail has some pretty good filtering built in. Just mark the messages you consider spam, click More and set the filter up. You can send spam to the spam folder or just have it delete when it arrives.)

Maureen Pierce

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to set up SpamFilter Acct for Rcvng/Regular Acct for Sending email on phone

I'll check into those settings. Didn't see them or even realize I might be able to use another email app on my phone....am using the one that came with the lg-g3. Thanks...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan