Setting different tones for different functions?

longarm000

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
On my new Droid Turbo (Android 4.44 Kit-Kat) I can't seem to be to set a different notification tone for different functions (email & text). Can anyone please provide some guidance for me? I was able to do it on my old droid phone, but can't figure it out on this new one.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
On my new Droid Turbo (Android 4.44 Kit-Kat) I can't seem to be to set a different notification tone for different functions (email & text). Can anyone please provide some guidance for me? I was able to do it on my old droid phone, but can't figure it out on this new one.

Welcome to the forums.
Try in each app settings menu.
So for your texts click menu, then settings. There should be an option to change the notifications.
Email will probably be settings>email account>notifications.

longarm000

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. I figured out how to change the sound for the texts, but not the email. When I go into settings on my Droid Turbo, there is no setting for email. I select the google mail and there is nothing in there either. Pretty frustrating.....

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. I figured out how to change the sound for the texts, but not the email. When I go into settings on my Droid Turbo, there is no setting for email. I select the google mail and there is nothing in there either. Pretty frustrating.....
Gmail, you mean? If so it is in settings, then tap your gmail address.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77