Is it possible to swipe up to type capital letters and hold to type signs?

Walker Chow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Before I upgraded to 5.0, I used the PinYin input on my Nexus 5. It allowed me to type capital letters by swiping up and type signs (?, !, ' and etc.) by holding certain keys.

After the update, the PinYin inputs no longer supports English properly and I'm stuck with the default keyboard. Normally I would still be okay with this but after having to click the shift button to type capital letters and going to another page to type signs repeatedly, I'm really getting sick of it. It makes the typing experience slower and more sluggish. I'm seriously considering going back to KitKat just because of this (if it's even possible without losing all data).

So is there a keyboard out there or a fix that will allow to swipe up to type capital letters and hold to type signs? If there is, I would seriously appreciate an answer. THANKS!

Walker Chow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
PinYin input is part of stock and is updated, it's just a Chinese keyboard that Google ships to Hong Kong and China basically. So I don't really have hope there since they removed the feature. I tried SwiftKey but it just doesn't do it. :(

Thanks anyway for the reply.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield