Why isn't the confirmation button working on my Android 5?

juliojlgon

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Problem doing things that require confirmation Android 5

The problem appear when for example I try yo install an app or to change accessibility settings that needs confirmation. For example, in order to install an app I need to press the confirmation button but this does not work while the cancel button works perfectly.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problem doing things that require confirmation Android 5

Welcome to Android Central! Is the accept button greyed out? Do you have any other issues with the touchscreen?

Do you have any screen dimming apps installed? These can sometimes cause issue with onscreen buttons, for some weird reason.

juliojlgon

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

Thank for the answer!
No, no problem with the screen while doing other things, just happens in this "confirm layout" like the one for accept permissions when you install apps or changing some accessibility things. Neither I have any screen dimming apps.
In KK I've had that problem, just with Android 5 so I thought that it was a problem from the actualization, but I don't really know.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

He wasn't asking about screen dimming apps - is the Accept (or Confirm or whatever it's labeled) button background more gray than the background on the Cancel button? If it is, it's telling you that, for some reason, the action you're trying to perform can't be performed, and your only option is to cancel.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

The reason I was asking about screen-dimming apps is because ones like Lux and Screen Filter (by Haxor) have been known to interfere with button availability. I just encountered a similar issue with someone else on AC who had Lux installed, which was causing the problem.

juliojlgon

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

I still don't know what it is but know I know that should be a conflict with an app because if I restart the phone in safe mode it works perfect. If I discover the app that cause this problem I'll post it.

Again thanks for the help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX