Should the Note 4 Fast Adaptive Charge to 100 in one hour?

robvandam111

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Note 4 Fast Adaptive Charging.

It's about to be a month that I have had my Note 4 and that Fast Charging feature has been awesome. Heck, it wasn't until the night before yesterday I decided not to charge my phone. Battery is fine, I left it around 65% and woke up with it on 63%. Started to use it entire day until I decided to charge it while it was on 18%. Then I look at it after an hour and probably 20 minutes. It was on 56%.

Question really, are you suppose to have it fully charged by under an hour since you're guaranteed 50% after 30 minutes?

EDIT:

I just noticed that from the Battery settings, the Fast Charging is CHECKED but not highlighted in green. How do I fix that?

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 4 Fast Adaptive Charging.

Charging a battery in less than an hour is injurious to the battery, regardless of what phone and battery makers say. (They sell you more batteries if you ruin them by fast-charging. Batteries aren't covered under the warranty.) Discharging lower than 40% regularly is also injurious.

Either practice leads to shorter battery life. See Battery University - How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries.