What is the ringback tone that started as normal ring and went into bass beat?

andrewclark360

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
A couple years ago I would call someone and the ring back tone they had sounded like the normal 'ring' tone sound got bored and said, let's party.

The 1st 2 or 3 rings were normal, then it subtly went into a bass beat jamming song.

Anyone know what that ring back is called?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
A couple years ago I would call someone and the ring back tone they had sounded like the normal 'ring' tone sound got bored and said, let's party.

The 1st 2 or 3 rings were normal, then it subtly went into a bass beat jamming song.

Hello. Welcome to Android Central! What device do you have? Every phone has different ringtones so it is incredibly hard to identify the one you want with the information you provided :) !

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) You're talking about a ringtone, not a ringback. The ringback is what you hear when you're calling someone - it lets you know that their central office is signalling their phone to ring (which it won't if it's not plugged in, turned on, etc.) The ringtone is the tone you hear when someone calls you.

2) ZEDGE™ is one of the largest repository of ringtones and wallpapers on the web. Install the app (or go to the site) and start listening. (It's probably going to be in Electronics, Other or Sound Effects.) There are thousands of them, so don't get lost in there - it's like clicking links in Wikipedia. (Queue the Kingston Trio's "M. T. A.")

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
1) You're talking about a ringtone, not a ringback. The ringback is what you hear when you're calling someone - it lets you know that their central office is signalling their phone to ring (which it won't if it's not plugged in, turned on, etc.) The ringtone is the tone you hear when someone calls you.

2) ZEDGE™ is one of the largest repository of ringtones and wallpapers on the web. Install the app (or go to the site) and start listening. (It's probably going to be in Electronics, Other or Sound Effects.) There are thousands of them, so don't get lost in there - it's like clicking links in Wikipedia. (Queue the Kingston Trio's "M. T. A.")

Zedge is a great choice for ringtones! There are some awesome ones there. Good advice.

andrewclark360

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so it's amateur hour, I get it. Let's re-read the original post shall we?

After reading this wizzrah, you'll notice my device has ZERO relevance because it is the other persons RINGBACK in question. I do not know what phone or service that person had.

Rukbat, Ringtone vs Ringback... simple concept. I am talking about the tone I hear in my phone when I call someone... just like you described - a ringback, not a ringtone.

Rukbat, I do appreciate the suggestion on where to get ringtones... but here again, I'm looking for ringbacks.

Thanks for the help, I'll keep looking.