Which phone should I get the GS5, Note 3, Droid Turbo, or Xperia Z3v?

eshah5759

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Help me choose between GS5, Note 3, Droid Turbo, and Xperia Z3v

Hey everyone

So my contract is up for renewal and I've been trying to decide for months what phone I want to upgrade too and I just can't make up my mind. Here are my thoughts on the phones I'm deciding between:

1) Galaxy S5
It seems I can't go wrong with this one. It has pretty good specs and seems to have a lot of support from the community due to its popularity so if I wanted to root, it wouldn't be a problem. The only thing I'm worried about is the 16gb of storage. I know that I can get a micro sd card yet I'm worried about how apps will perform when running from the card. I'm sure I won't be able to fit all my apps on just the minuscule available on board storage.

2) Note 3
This phone is an option really because it solves the memory issue of the gs5 by starting with 32 gb. The one problem is it's size. I'll be moving from an iphone 4s so I just can't imagine using something of that size on the go. Furthermore, it seems a little bit dated than the other phones I'm choosing between.

3) Droid Turbo
Almost everything about this phone is great. It has awesome specs and a good battery life. However, the major draw back is the lack of an sd card slot. If I decided on this phone, I would probably get the 64 gb model since the storage cannot be expanded. This would be $250 and I don't like the idea of being locked to the storage amount. I also have my worries about this being a Verizon exclusive....

4) Xerpia z3v
This phone honestly seemed perfect to me. It really has it all: great specs, great battery life, and an sd card slot. Plus it starts with 32gb of storage. However, I'm feeling very uneasy about it. First of all, there seems to be several small problems like messaging working incorrectly, bad connectivity, and bad call quality. Also, it seems that this phone won't get much support. It's so unpopular that there probably won't be a way to root it. There doesn't seem to be any accessories available for it such as a simple case. All this really worries me and I've had bad experiences with Sony products in the past. They seem perfect however, once you actually own it, you're left with an unpopular and unsupported product which has several small and unfix-able issues that are simply unacceptable on the type of "high end" product that its advertised to be. (I have a sony vaio laptop)

So as you can see I'm quite conflicted. It would be great to hear your thoughts on this and your experiences if you have or had any of these phones. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help me choose between GS5, Note 3, Droid Turbo, and Xperia Z3v

Welcome to the forums.

A counter question I have for you is, how much memory is used for apps and media on your current device?