Wrong Weather Location on Google Now Cards

rigg

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Showing only Sacramento on Google Now weather card. All of my location settings are correct. I live in Los Angeles?

Posted via the Android Central App

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Go to your Google settings, and tap on location. Go to Location Mode, and change it to battery saving/network only. Now go to Google Location Reporting (should be on the same screen). For Google Now to work best, both Location Reporting and Location History should be enabled. Now go back to Location Mode and set it to high accuracy. Toggle location off services off completely and reboot. Once you're back up and running, go back to Location settings and turn it back on. It's a few steps, but it should force Google to find you a bit better - but it may take a day or so for your weather cards to switch.

If the above doesn't work - go to Google settings, location, location history - and at the bottom is a DELETE LOCATION HISTORY - it's going slightly nuclear on Google Now, but it should get Google Now to smarten up and pick your location better.

I had a week where for some reason Google thought I was 600km (about 375 miles) from where I was - according to my weather cards anyways. I did the above and it snapped things back to normal.

Mikey Sassounian

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Interestingly enough, I also live in Los Angeles, and it is also showing me weather for sacramento....

but only when I am at home. makes no difference if i'm connected to wifi or LTE though.

Very bizarre. only an issue for weather. it still gives me correct directions and time to work in the morning. just weather for sacramento instead of LA (well, orange county actually. but close)

ACADM

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yep this is happening to me too, however it only started after the L update to my N5. Yet another thing that isn't working well in 5.0.

Posted via Android Central App