How can I expand the internal memory partition and my ram expansion on my Micromax Bolt a47?

VivekShetye

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
memory partition n ram expansion on my micromax bolt a47

i have a micromax bolt a47 handset with android jellybean version 4.2.2 i just want increase ram an internal memory what can i do? my mobile is already rooted if anybody knows plz let me know

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: memory partition n ram expansion on my micromax bolt a47

Welcome to Android Central! I believe the amount of available RAM is fixed, even when rooted. It would be like saying that you want to expand the RAM in a laptop whose RAM boards were inaccessible and non-replaceable.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: memory partition n ram expansion on my micromax bolt a47

Does it work? If I had a one liter glass bottle and sold you a piece of paper to expand it to 1.5 liters, would it work?

And a US$4 (r250) is a LOT of money where most apps are free or US$1 (r60).

The amount of RAM is fixed by the amount that's in the phone. (RAM is hardware - it's not even sectioned off like storage - you get all that's there.)

The app may claim to give you more FREE RAM, but that's exactly the opposite of what Android wants. (It doesn't mean that you get RAM for free, it means that you clean things out of RAM, "freeing" it up, that supposedly aren't being used [but probably are - an app can't know what Android is going to do next].) Windows wants lots of RAM free, Android wants RAM filled as much as possible. Freeing RAM (and there are LOTS of apps that do it, most of them are free as in no money) slows the phone down and eats the battery as Android reloads the apps you "cleaned" out of RAM to free it. (Then the app removes them again, Android loads them, the app cleans them, etc., etc., and you wonder why the battery that lasted a whole day now lasts only 3 hours. All you did was "get more RAM". No you didn't - all you did was make Android waste battery to chase its tail. It's how you put a kitten to sleep and it's how you put your battery to the trash.)

There's only one current way of getting more RAM - buying a phone with more RAM. B. Diddy explained it just right. The RAM is part of the motherboard, it's not something you can plug more of into the phone. (There's a project to make a modular phone. You can buy a phone with 1GB of RAM. Then when you've saved some money you can buy a 3GB module and swap them [and sell your old 1GB module to someone who has an even smaller one]. The same with storage, CPU, etc. But that's at least a few years in the future.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC