External microphone compatible with Galaxy S5?

jumpinthefire

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Just a quick question. I just recently found out the hard way (bad quality recording) that I could not use my external microphone - a Sony ECM-DS70P Electret Condenser Stereo Microphone, with my Samsung Galaxy S5 (as it used the internal mic).

After some research I figured this to be due to my mic only having the 3 'bands/lines' instead of the 4 required to record audio through a headphone jack. Is there a similar quality microphone that anyone could recommend or perhaps would a 4 TRRS adaptor work?

Thanks in advance for the help!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Just a quick question. I just recently found out the hard way (bad quality recording) that I could not use my external microphone - a Sony ECM-DS70P Electret Condenser Stereo Microphone, with my Samsung Galaxy S5 (as it used the internal mic).

After some research I figured this to be due to my mic only having the 3 'bands/lines' instead of the 4 required to record audio through a headphone jack. Is there a similar quality microphone that anyone could recommend or perhaps would a 4 TRRS adaptor work?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Take a look at this thread on XDA, hope it helps: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=36038426#post36038426

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay