Google Search Data

testerjs

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I received an alert message from Verizon today to inform me that I had used 75% of my data. This seemed odd, because I was nowhere near this amount a day or so ago. I looked at my data usage, and Google Search had used .68gb in the background over the last 2 days.

Does anyone know what it could possibly have done to use this much data? I recently updated to Lollipop on the Moto X. I have turned off background data for Google Search to make sure it doesn't keep wasting data. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Some weeks ago, one of the apps, I believe it was Chrome, used 1.3GB, if I recall right, in a few hours while the phone was in my pocket. I don't recall whether it was background or foreground. How I laughed when I discovered it. Fortunately, the phone was on an unlimited data tariff at the time.
I don't know why it happened.
If you're on limited data, it may be worth going to Settings, Data Usage, and setting a mobile data usage warning, and perhaps set a bit higher, a mobile data usage limit, on your device. I know that's not a cure for any underlying problem, but it is at least something you can do.

Posted via Android Central App