How can I stop my mobile battery draining so rapidly?

Vivek Ece

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
how can i stop my mobile battery draining sooo rapidly?????

i bought a moto g2 on 22-11-2014.. battery hardly seems to stand for around 6 hours only if i were using mobile without internet....during the usage of internet battery drains nearlly 30% per hour ..is it normal????? what should i do????? i wouls turn off my mobile data and all my background running apps even after dng it i face the same problem every day...someone plsss help me....???plssssssssss

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how can i stop my mobile battery draining sooo rapidly?????

Welcome to Android Central! It would help to see some battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

In the meantime, review this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...how-tos/298919-guide-battery-saving-tips.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, but what I suggested was to let it drain down to 20% (i.e., use up 80% of your battery). It's more useful to see what's been going on over the course of a whole battery charge, rather than just 20% of it.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

As Diddy said, just 20% of use is not enough for a good analysis. But looking at your stats everything looks fine so far.

The screen on time (1:20) is good for that battery percentage. Specially if most of it was used with Whatsapp, as it seems. You must expect 5-6 hours of screen on depending the apps you run. Typing a lot or heavy games are going to consume more than just reading, for example.

Let's wait for the stats that Diddy said though.

amazed2025

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

Well putting down your brightness and turning off bluetooth and other services which you don't need should drastically help, but do what these guys are saying ^

Vivek Ece

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site

Sir thanks for ur solutions ...... I have an another problem now ... In my mobile android os part takes more of my internet data whenever I turned on my mobile data ... Y is this happening how can I stop this???????

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 5774.jpg
    5774.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 5773.jpg
    5773.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 19

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

22MB is hardly a lot. Leave it on for 24 hours and you'll probably see that it doesn't use much more, if any. Every once in a while, Android OS uses a bit of data. (Keep the phone on wifi as much as possible if you don't want to use mobile data. If you don't need the internet when you're not near a wifi connection, just keep mobile data turned off unless you absolutely need it.)

Vivek Ece

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site

Sir, my android os is still consuming my mobile data now it has reached 40 MB how can I stop this???????? pls help me sir

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 6027.jpg
    6027.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 17

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I think if you click the 3 dot menu on the main list, you can limit background data. Try that and see if it helps.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I think there's not an easy way to restrict background data for Android OS. And it is difficult to know which processes are included in it.

Most people say that backup data is there, so you could try to uncheck that in backup & reset for a couple of days and see what happens.

A couple of things you could try. Go to every app that sync/upload and select in the settings just to do that with WiFi. There are some apps, like Google + that you can even set to sync just when the phone is charging. Play store, FB, mail, etc. are others to check the sync settings.

Try to avoid Widgets that update data very often. Other apps could be news/rss readers. Keep the refresh settings when just in use.

So that's your next job mate :)
Tiding up your background settings.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

34MB still is almost nothing, but you can turn Mobile Data off, then it won't consume any data at all. And stop using apps that need data connections (Whatsapp, UC Browser) when you're not on wifi.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Well, that's a bit radical, isn't it? It's not about limiting your use while on mobile, but just trying to keep your background usage under control. And if you see in the OP screenshots, the Android OS data it's just background.

I can understand his worries. When you have a cheap limited data plan (as I have), that daily usage can be a problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I think both Javier P and Rukbat have good suggestions, and which one is best depends on the user's preference. You can definitely look through a lot of the various system and app settings to turn off things like automatic data syncing and Location Reporting. But as was also mentioned, it may not be possible to turn off all data usage by the OS, because mobile platforms are becoming increasingly dependent on communication with servers on the web. I agree that toggling Mobile Data completely off is a reasonable option, especially if you have a limited data plan, because in that situation, you want to do anything you can to conserve your data. Unless you need to be constantly connected (i.e., alerted immediately when you get an email, or a Facebook update, or an MMS message), it should be reasonable to keep Mobile Data off, and only turn it on when you want to check on that kind of information.