How do I access the recovery mode on a boot?

Jebedeu

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Recovery mode on boot

Hi, I am having some trouble trying to do a factory reset to this through the boot.
I have a MeMo Pad 8 and Android 4.4.2

The guy from support told me to do wipe data/factory reset. So i select recovery and when appears the Android guy with the warning sign and I can't reach the new menu with the Wipe data/ Factory reset as I saw in some tuts and videos. After a while the tablet restarts.

Does entering in the recovery mode and not selecting anything actually do something?

I'm kinda scared to mess up with this and I'm getting ansious thinking that I can screw up with this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Recovery mode on boot

Welcome to Android Central! Which exact model do you have? There are a couple of variants of the MeMO Pad 8.

When you're at that screen with the Android figure with the exclamation point, you typically need to press another button combination. On the Nexus 7, at that screen, you have to press and hold Power, then tap Vol Up. See if that works. If not, try other combinations.

Jebedeu

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the reply, my model is the ME181C which I think its MeMo Pad HD 8 ? Not sure, never understood if the HD was only the ME181CL model.

Well but just to clarify why the guy told me to restore my device it was due to a problem with my router.

Its because this device when is connected to my home wifi and when I open and start a video or download something like install an app or dowload a pack for something the connection drops and instantly reconnects like in 1sec but it stops the downloads. In youtube if I scroll i get the error that I lost connection to server because the wifi disconnects. And the router is just 30cm away yeah lol, and I have the max power still this pops the android message that the connection is weak. Now I am in a bus using a rough wifi and it doesn't gives any message.

However, using college wifi this doesn't happen.
But since it only happens in my tablet and my phone and my friends phone also android (jelly bean and kit kat respectivelly) but not with our pcs our ipad iphone and mac I can't think why it happens.

Already tried to put the firewall in the weakest mode in the router and also alternating between security modes like WPA2 and AES only but I couldn't solve it yet.

The strangest is that it connects without problems but when I do the described it disconnects.

Sorry for the big text!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Now I am in a bus using a rough wifi and it doesn't gives any message.

However, using college wifi this doesn't happen.
But since it only happens in my tablet and my phone and my friends phone also android (jelly bean and kit kat respectivelly) but not with our pcs our ipad iphone and mac I can't think why it happens.
There's something going on with 802.11 (wifi). Some devices just don't work right with some routers. I'm back to using my old (very old - and much abused) WRT54G router, because with the brand new one (and Linksys is "looking into it" - and has been for months) Methusela wouldn't live long enough to download videos with the Facebook app. They pop right up with the old router.

Remember, most "stanmdards" are suggestions - the manufacturers - both router and phone - are free to implement them any way they want. And someone has been making some "improvements" somewhere - that just aren't compatible.

I'm willing to wait a year or two until the industry stops falling over its own feet and starts getting it right, as long as I can still use an old router. (The router can do 54mbps - the internet can barely do 2mbps sometimes, so I'm not losing anything by not using a 300mbps router.)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49