I need someone that can make the impossible possible. I purchased this phone. I love the sound and the fact that I can use it all day and still have more than 50% battery life. What I don't like is that I cannot get 4g lte. I purchased this 4g lte phone without reading the fine print. It's an international phone. I'm on StraightTalk. I have the apn settings correct, I can send/receive MM and access the internet. The lag is not that bad. But I know it could be faster on 4g lte.

Why this phone? I needed a big display, and good battery, also I can use sites that use flash like ultra-vid and others with no problem and no add ons. The sound is great and battery life is awsome, It also has a decent 5mp front camera and 13mp rear.

For the price it would be perfect if I could get 4g. ST has said there is no real reason why I can't get 4g. Sellers said I should have read the fine print and I'm lucky to have it fully functional.

Please help...I've heard that some have made their own APN's that work great.

Thank you for any help at all.
    11-28-2014 07:14 AM
    Unfortunately if you have enabled the correct apn, and are using a sim with hspa coverage in your area then you should receive the data without any problems.
    11-28-2014 09:51 AM
    It depends on which carrier you chose with Straight Talk (they use AT&T and TMobile - the "unlocked phone" SIM is usually TMobile). And, in the US, different carriers use different frequencies in different regions (cellphone regions, not regions of the country), so a phone made for international use might get 4GLTE from AT&T in one city, but only HSPA in another. Check with the carriers (TMobile and AT&T) in your area and see which frequencies they're using for LTE in that region. (It might take more than a sales associate to make the call to get that information - for AT&T ask where the nearest Device Support Center is. TMobile has similar "repair" locations.) And you still might not get the information you need - all carriers prefer that you use phones they sell you (of course).

Both carriers use Band 4 (1700/2100), as well as Band 5, for 4G, and that could be your problem - that your phone doesn't do Band 4 in an area that your carrier uses it for LTE.
    11-28-2014 04:28 PM
    This is from the HTC Desire d816x I thought it was a match.
    3G/3.5G - WCDMA: 850/900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps
    4G-LTE: 700/900/1800/2100/2600MHz

I feel so lost...
    11-28-2014 09:13 PM
    This is from the HTC Desire d816x I thought it was a match.
    3G/3.5G - WCDMA: 850/900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps
    4G-LTE: 700/900/1800/2100/2600MHz
    If the carrier is using 1700 for LTE in your area, there's no LTE for that phone. Fly to another region and you might get LTE on that carrier. Getting the information on what frequencies they use in which regions makes getting political prisoners to talk seem like child's play - most of the employees don't know, most of the few who know aren't allowed to talk, and those who are allowed to talk are high enough up the food chain that we "little people", as Leona Helmsley called us, will never even see them, let alone talk to them. Carlos Slim (he owns Straight Talk and the other MVNOs run by American Movil) could make a call and get the answer - but he wouldn't talk to the likes of us.
    11-28-2014 11:19 PM