Is there a method to get a custom rom on i605 with 4.4.2?

Travis Hawkins

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I just started with rooting and trying to get a custom rom on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy note 2 (SCH-i605) yesterday. I went in some circles for a while but eventually got the phone rooted. The root method I used did not, however, successfully unlock the bootloader (apparently). I tried to apply the DN3VZW rom but got the cranky Verizon message because the bootloader wasn't unlocked.

I'm curious if there is a way to proceed from here?

I had to flash back to a stock rom in order to get around the Verizon message and get my phone booting up again. Could I flash my phone to a previous version that does allow me to unlock the bootloader? Any other methods to get to where I want to be.

Thanks in advance

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I just started with rooting and trying to get a custom rom on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy note 2 (SCH-i605) yesterday. I went in some circles for a while but eventually got the phone rooted. The root method I used did not, however, successfully unlock the bootloader (apparently).
Rooting wouldn't, it just allows you to gain root access in Linux (the OS underneath Android).

I tried to apply the DN3VZW rom but got the cranky Verizon message because the bootloader wasn't unlocked.
If you're running 4.4.2, the chances are that the only ROMs you can now flash are modifications of the stock ROM. There's a pretty large prize out there for anyone who can get the Samsung 4.3+ bootloader unlocked (it's been sitting there for about a year, gathering contributions) but no one's cracked it yet.

I'm curious if there is a way to proceed from here?
XDA's Verizon Note 2 development section to see if anyone has a ROM for the phone that interests you.

Could I flash my phone to a previous version
That's one wish. A fountain of youth is another. I think body transplants to younger bodies will be developed first. If it could be done, a lot more Samsung AT&T and Verizon phones would unlocked and be running some nice ROMs. It's not a lack of trying - there are lot of people out there who have tried or are trying - it's a lack of success.