Where could a game I transferred onto my phone be?

Duston Shandal

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Spellfall App/Game Data Transfer

This is Probably a weird question but it's driving me nuts. I've tried searching my phone for any evidence that the a game exists in data folders. The game is called "Spellfall" by "Backflip Studios." Even searched the entire phone through file managing apps no results come up for "Spell" "fall" "backflip" it's like the game doesn't exist on the phone. am I crazy? I figured a transfer of data from 1 to the other phone might fix that since I got a new phone the save data is no longer there and I have to start all over again.

Doesn't the game or game data have to be stored on the phone somewhere? I mean it's installed on the device, should have a path to where it's keeping information.

Only thing I can think of is that the developers names the folder something completely different than what the game is called.

Sorry if this feels like a waist of time on someone's game obsession.

amazed2025

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Spellfall App/Game Data Transfer

Most game data should be stored under your Google account, so on your previous phone, if you connected Spellfall to Google, if you sign in with the same Google account (check Google Play Games) your data should have been saved. (That is, if Spellfall connects with your Google Account)

Duston Shandal

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, Actually Spellfall does not connect with the google account. Though that would be nice and simple if it did, Also don't understand why it isn't, but that's why the Data transfer idea was my next option.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

The data could be stored in a database with a name having nothing to do with the game name. (Search for parts of the developer's name.) But just transfering the database file over might not transfer the game data - the game may install with some sort of marker saying that there's no play data yet, so it creates its own database file. Then, when you overwrite that with the file from the old phone, the game crashes. There are dozens of possibilities in writing code and without tracing the source, it's not even possible to make a wild guess what that game does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance