First Android phone - is my itunes library gone forever?

Ivy Lin

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
This Thanksgiving I made a total impulse buy and went for a Samsung Galaxy S5 after only using iphones. My iphone5 battery was dying and I saw the $1 phone and took it. I've been able to transfer almost everything over to the Galaxy except my itunes library. Is there any way I'll be able to salvage that without subscribing to some "matching" service? (I have a Mac, by the way.) With the music my S5 will be complete. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Install the Google Music Manager on the computer that has your iTunes library--you can then upload your entire library to your Google Play Music library in the cloud. Once uploaded, you can then stream it from any device or computer with access to Google Play Music (either the app or the website). You can also download the music tracks again (as mp3 files). https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1229970?hl=en

Be aware that once you've uploaded your iTunes library to Google Music, it won't continue to sync between Google Music and iTunes. If you get more iTunes music, you can upload those as well to Google.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34