I upgraded my S4 mini to Kitkat 4.4.2 .Since upgrading i can not mirror with my Samsung Smart TV, what could the problem be?

doch69

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded my S4 mini to Kitkat 4.4.2 ..Since upgrading i can not mirror with my Samsung Smart TV.

Mobile Samsung s 4 mini....... TV Samsung UE40H6400 - 40" - 6 Series 3D LED TV - Smart TV

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.☺

Have you tried a Cache Partition wipe, or even, if your personal data is backed up, a Factory Reset?

Posted via Android Central App

doch69

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: I upgraded my S4 mini to Kitkat 4.4.2 ..Since upgrading i can not mirror with my Samsung Smart T

Thanks for quick reply belodion ,yes i have used Cache Partition wipe, and the Factory Reset. still get failed to mirror.... Before the KitKat 4.4.2 upgrade .it did work .My Wifes mobile phone Samsung S5 works via mirroring she use KitKat 4.4.2 (remembering mine is the Samsung S4 mini)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I upgraded my S4 mini to Kitkat 4.4.2 ..Since upgrading i can not mirror with my Samsung Smart T

Very strange, since that's the only thing mirroring is supposed to work with on a Samsung phone, a Samsung TV. (The rest of us have to buy Chromecast to mirror.) I'd first (if you're in the US) go to Best Buy and find the Samsung Experience desk and ask them for help. (It's possible that the update glitched just in the mirroring firmware - they can reflash it for you.) If they can't help you, they probably have the phone number of Samsung's real tech support (not the people who type the question into a computer and read you the answer), and they (Samsung) should be interested that they broke one of their advertising points. They won't sell a lot of TVs if updating your Samsung phone makes it just another TV.

doch69

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site

Thanks Rukbat yes it seems to be only affecting the mini S4. will contact like you said Real tech support at Samsung in uk .

Luis Vieira

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I also have the same problem. Samsung S4 Mini... Before kitkat screen mirroring worked fine... I used every single day... after received the kitkat update never worked again... i am able to connect to the samsung smart tv but after a couple of seconds I receive an error on the mobile saying that it;s not possible to share via screen mirroring and exits....
I also did the reset factory and clear cache but no joy.
Did you had any feedback from samsung tech support?

Mobile: Samsung S4 Mini I9195
TV: Samsung SmartTV 42"

doch69

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Spent one hour on land line phone with Samsung tech support this morning only to be told, that i will have to send in my S4 mini to to be repaired as they think it's a fault with the S4 mini , and as of 11 am this morning they had 5 complaint calls about the lack/loss of mirroring with Samsung TV 's.

Luis Vieira

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't think is a fault with the samsung s4 mini... before the kitkat upgrade worked fine... it's a fault with the kitkat upgrade not the mobile...
So they release a new firmware, people like us press the button to upgrade, then the screen mirroring stops working and the fault is with the mobile? Does't make any sense... if it was working before the upgrade was the upgrade that made the fault not the mobile...
I also call samsung but i just give up when they forward my call to the tv support saying that i needed to reset my tv.... waste of time...

alam18305

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site

Hi I have bought a samsung mhl 2.0 adapter from eBay but not sure if it's geniune. Tried it on my samsung alpha doesn't even recognise it however tried the adapter on a s5 it's recognised. Can anyone advise me if there is a cable I could use to connect my phone to a tv? Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Mirroring on a Samsung phone ONLY mirrors to a Samsung smart TV. For any other TV brand (I have a Vizio too) use Chromecast. Mirroe the phone to the Chromecast device, then run any app you want - it'll be on the TV.

doch69

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I sent mobile to be repaired (as told to do by tech guy) they sent it back saying all phone updates software Done.But guess what mirroring still not working,have had to send phone back to be checked ,but this time i wrote in English and Spanish that the android KitKat4.4.2 has a bug/glitch when using the S4 mini after update why Spanish you ask., when i got the mobile back everything was in Spanish.

doch69

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Well what a surprise they have sorted out the bug/glitch with the S4 mini Android (well my one) it would be interesting to find out how many had same problem etc.Remember to off automatic updates i will in future

doch69

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah has been solved,They fixed the kitkat 4.4.2 software issue, after i explained in writing what the problem was,as mentioned above , phone was returned to me with mirroring working