Which Tablet OS should I get for my daughter?

joedm126

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Which tablet OS for my daughter

I am thinking of getting an inexpensive tablet for my 10 year old daughter and I am wondering which OS should I get, Android or MS? She wants to mainly view youtube videos and videos/games from her favorite sites such as nick.com. The problem I see with Android is that a lot of sites don't always support it. For example on my Galaxy note 10.1 2014 I can't always access some videos on ESPN, not supported, and I tried nick.com for her and again it doesn't appear to support it. Should I go with an MS OS or is there an alternative solution to get Android to work? Thanks.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Which tablet OS for my daughter

I'm on the same bus, but my daughter is 9.
Anyway, I think the cheap tablets room ASUS with Windows 8.1 are a good choice.

My wife and I are still trying to decide, and our daughter isn't quite sure either.

But for the nick stuff, definitely a Windows device.

joedm126

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

For Nick.com I tried my tablet and her Kindle. Neither one works. For ESPN I haven't tried any other tablet or a different browser yet.

joedm126

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I'm on the same bus, but my daughter is 9.
Anyway, I think the cheap tablets room ASUS with Windows 8.1 are a good choice.

My wife and I are still trying to decide, and our daughter isn't quite sure either.

But for the nick stuff, definitely a Windows device.

I believe BestBuy has some deals on this Windows based tablets which is what I am leaning towards since I would think all videos from all sites should work but I wanted some opinions. Thank you.