Why does my phone say my SD card is broken sd but it works fine in other devices?

Tony Drummond

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
broken sd and sd card is fine in other device

so in notifications I get a message to say SD card is broken and that. I. Need to reformat so I tryed that and nothing happens I then tryed the card in my wife's phone and the card is fine and all the data is there I tryed hers. In my phone. And had same problem so its the phone i think. The phone is a copy s5 g900f and has. Been working fine until now please help I was thinking about factory. Reset but herd that these phones lose some of there functions when they are reset can someone please help

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: broken sd and sd card is fine in other device

so in notifications I get a message to say SD card is broken and that. I. Need to reformat so I tryed that and nothing happens I then tryed the card in my wife's phone and the card is fine and all the data is there I tryed hers. In my phone. And had same problem so its the phone i think. The phone is a copy s5 g900f and has. Been working fine until now please help I was thinking about factory. Reset but herd that these phones lose some of there functions when they are reset can someone please help

So you're wife's card works fine in the other phone, but not yours? If so, then I would suggest a factory reset. Be sure to backup your data and save any important information. Make sure to sync your accounts beforehand as well.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: broken sd and sd card is fine in other device

No, all they'll lose is whatever you've done to the phone since you got it. All the original functions and apps will still be there.

But if both cards work in her phone, and neither one works in your phone, I'd suspect the SD card port is bad. It could be something as simple as a bent contact, or something as bad as a bad motherboard. It's something that has to go to a repair shop to be diagnosed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49