How can I find out if a used Samsung Galaxy Note 4 that I bought online is fully paid off?

Matt Gomont

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Need help about Samsung Galaxy Note 4 that I bought online

imei.jpgbi.jpgI bought a Note 4 online, in the description the seller said the phone was fully paid off but I'm a bit worried about that phone as I need to sell my Note 3 to compensate my expenses and start using the Note 4. I have attached a picture of the seller's bill which he gave me as proof of full payment and a screenshot of website (swappa) known for checking IMEI.

When I checked with that website there is what I got:
ESN swappa.jpg
Blacklisted Not Indicated
This device does not appear to be globally blacklisted.
Financed Not Indicated

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Need help about Samsung Galaxy Note 4 that I bought online

Welcome to Android Central! That all looks good. What specifically is worrying you?

Matt Gomont

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

Hi B.Diddy, the receipt states the phone has been paid at $487 with t-mobile while the phone costs $700 on t-mobile website so I'm worried because I don't want a phone with contract which still being financed and once the owner stops the payment it will be blacklisted

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Check with TMobile - bring the phone into a TMobile store and bring the paperwork from the seller with you. If they don't show it being paid off, ask the seller for a statement from him that it was paid off, signed and notarized, or a refund with prepaid (he pays) shipping back to him.

Almost all phones sold on Swappa are as claimed. They're pretty tough on people who lie.