Should I buy the Note 3 or Note 4?

T Busby

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I am stuck between buying the two devices. I am upgrading from an old S3 Mini and would like a 'phablet'. The Note 4 is a bit too expensive for me but I can get the Note 3 for half the price of the new Note.

The main reason for buying one of them is for helping me with my education, watching videos and gaming. The screen quality of the Note 4 doesn't bother me too much as they both have great displays. I'm just wondering if you think I will be satisfied with an expensive flagship device or its predecessor.

Thanks.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
If it's for education then save your money. Note 3 should do everything you need. If it's more for gaming and whatnot...Note 4. I have friends that have notes 2&3 and don't want to upgrade those phones, they do What they want. I have others in the same situation and can't wait for their contract to come due again So they can get the 4.

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've owned a 3 for a little over a year. I wouldn't give you more than $25 to upgrade to a 4. (And that only if I could root it and install Safestrap on it.) About the only real change is a tiny increase in screen size. (4k video? Where? On a 90" TV? You'll never notice the difference on the phone or on Youtube.)

The Next Big Thing - software without bugs. Or the heat death of the universe. I'm not sure which will come first.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I would try to get past the urge to have the latest and greatest. It really isn't. Coming from an S3 mini as you are, I think you would get a bigger kick out of the Note 3. It has similar Touchwiz but so, so much more to enjoy. Browsing, scrolling on a much bigger screen that's not tooo big.

The change of buttons on the Note 4 is different and there are a lot of changes. Some you may not like. You will not allow yourself to admit you spent too much on the Note 4 and don't really enjoy it.

Trust me you will be absolutely thrilled with the Note 3.

Like Rukbat above I have had mine for a year but I am still discovering it.
You will have a change to Lollipop 5.0 to look forward to later, so like a whole new phone. (though I hope they release a black settings theme before then, I am not liking the white).

Be sensible and smart with your money, get a Note 3. It will be more of a thrill than the (change for changes sake) Note 4, in my view.

(I may get the Note 4 eventually, but I'm in no hurry.)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463