How can I access the text file to get the Cyan OS installed?

HaveNoMoney

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Trying to Reload but Running Into Issues

I had to remove my links from my original post, because I am a new member. This may affect my question so I will rewrite this best I can without them...

BACKGROUND:
The other day I was trying to fix a Doctor Who game, did not work, formatted the 64G card, and then the OS no longer boot. Spent hours and got nowhere and ended wiping the phone. Now trying to get this mod back on it.

Put back in the older 2G card which has the Clockwork recovery on it and trying to get it to access it, but can not access the card.

Cannot access WIFI (my password is 64 characters long and the stock OS keyboard not have the symbols, but was connected before for weeks). Trying to access the TXT document on the card with the long password, but cannot access the card with the stock OS I reloaded.

I need some help how to access that text file for get the Cyan OS installed from the recovery off the 2G card (PC\VS920 4G\SD Card\clockworkmod), boot back up, and put back in my 64G card (which the laptop can not access from the phone).

I have done my directions once and after 4h it booted into the Cyan mod. I was happy being in the OS again, changing settings, etc, but then after a reboot it has since gotten into a loop. If it is a battery issue, I have it plugged into USB to help but no good (I do know though that even though I have it plugged into USB, if I am using the phone the battery level still goes down even though "charging").

I do not have a SIM card for this phone. It was given to me just to access WIFI at home and work. It is a Verizon 4G LTE Spectrum VS920.

I like to know if anyone feel like my directions need a tweak to start ALL OVER again, before attempting to do so. Maybe I did something wrong.

Right now, I can not boot into the Clockwork Recovery (VOL U and D and POWER).

The only error I got in the setup process was this running bootloader from the SpectrumPwnageTool:

PROBLEM! MD5SUM of download and actual file do not match! Danger!
remote object '/data/local/tmp/pwn/pwn_success' does not exist
[*] Fatal generic error
[*] 1.) Either you exited the md5check.sh script prematurely,
[*] 2.) Or MD5 check on device failed
[*] Please try again

If you see my directions need a tweak, update, etc before I attempt all this again, please let me know.

Thank you.

===============================================================

> Install LGMobile Support Tool (B2CAppSetup.exe)
> Install the LG USB drivers
> Download and extract SpectrumPwnageTool.zip (dated 11/20/2012)

This is only necessary if you either soft brick the phone, or want to wipe it, or if the OTA update screwed the bootloader (this was the case with this one)

{

> Put phone in download mode:

Power off the LG Spectrum (holding the power button until the phone forces itself off).
To confirm Remove the Battery.
Insert the USB cable and wait for the charging screen to come on.
Now Press and HOLD both Keys in the same order: Volume Down Button and Volume Up Button.
Let go off all the buttons when you first see the LG logo.

> Plug phone into computer.
> Try to install USB drivers using LG USB Driver Package
> Restore Recovery with LGMobile Support Tool
>> If phone not boot or stuck in logo screen, try hard reset: VOL DOWN and POWER
> Bypass activation with pressing each button (not holding down) VOL UP, VOL DOWN, RETURN, HOME - Only needed if there is no SIM card in the phone.

}

> Once phone boots... SETTINGS > CONNECTIVITY > USB CONNECTION > MEDIA SYNCH

> Try to copy these files into DOWNLOADS folder on phone's SD card:
RomManager.apk (5.5.3.2)
gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip (Google Apps and Play Store)
cm-10.1.3-vs920.zip (CyanMod)
tr.apk (TowelRoot)
ES-File-Explorer (ES File Explorer.apk)

> Enable USB Debugging in DEVELOPER settings.

> Download and extract Google Android SDK

> Open Command Prompt from \adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140702\sdk\platform-tools

Type: adb install "X:\<path>\ES File Explorer.apk"

> Run ES File Explorer.

> Root the phone... Run towelroot from DOWNLOADS folder, tap three times the name for code (like 133701040), then click "make it ra1n."
> Run bootloader from the SpectrumPwnageTool folder on computer.
It is not yet rooted so answer NO then later YES (answer yes here the first time if towelroot is run).
> Install ROM Manager from DOWNLOADS folder.
> Execute Recovery Setup. Choose LG Spectrum 4G Recovery (not the touch version). If flashing gets stuck, reboot and try again.
> Reboot into Clockwork Recovery by holding VOL UP & DOWN and POWER, or via ROM Manager in APPs.
> Wipe cache partition.
> Wipe data/factory reset.
> Install CM zip file from storage card.
> Do same with Google Apps (gapps file). This also installs the play store.
> Reboot.

===========20141207.1127E

I can not find the reply button to the first response I got so....

Took me awhile to figure out how to do that. I eventually got the Windows MD5 Utility and found I can open the MD% files for the code and I tested all these MD5 files in this SpectrumPwnageTooland they all were successful:
boot_nowallpaper.img.md5
cwmrecovery.img.md5
mmcblk0p2.img.md5
mmcblk0p3.img.md5
mmcblk0p5.img.md5
mmcblk0p6.img.md5
mmcblk0p7.img.md5
mmcblk0p9.img.md5

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trying to Reload but Running Into Issues

Download SpectrumPwnageTool.zip Check the MD5 on the file you downloaded against the MD5 posted for the file. The original error message seems to indicate that you got a bad download. (There are free Android, Windows, Linux and Mac MD5 programs all over the web. You paste in the posted MD5, then point the program at the file. It calculates the file's MD5, then lets you know if they match or not.)

HaveNoMoney

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Trying to Reload but Running Into Issues

Ahhh.... too funny. After editing my post, now I get the REPLY buttons (and yes, I refreshed the page previously looking for the buttons). Imperfect code by imperfect humans....

Took me awhile to figure out how to do that. I eventually got the Windows MD5 Utility and found I can open the MD% files for the code and I tested all these MD5 files in this SpectrumPwnageTooland they all were successful:
boot_nowallpaper.img.md5
cwmrecovery.img.md5
mmcblk0p2.img.md5
mmcblk0p3.img.md5
mmcblk0p5.img.md5
mmcblk0p6.img.md5
mmcblk0p7.img.md5
mmcblk0p9.img.md5

I assume the "success" file is in the phone, but I have no access into the phone since it not boot. Nor would I know (yet) how to check those files.

Is there a way to repair the OS or am I looking at doing all this all over again (be the third time overall)?

Thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000