My Samsung Galaxy S4 says it's connected to the wifi but the wifi won't work, what's going on?

Ai Hui Yap

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung galaxy s4 says it's connected to the wifi but the wifi won't work

Yesterday morning I woke up and turned on my phone like I always do. When I tried to go on snapchat and anything using the internet it wouldn't load however! It says that it's connected to the wifi but whenever I try and use the internet its like its not connected. For example on snapchat it says "Could not refresh messages. Please try again."

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Samsung galaxy s4 says it's connected to the wifi but the wifi won't work

Welcome to Android Central! Is this a wi-fi network in your house? Are you sure the internet service is still functioning? A wifi router can broadcast a strong signal, but if the internet service is down, then you won't be able to access the web. Try connecting using another device--do you get the same problem? Is your computer able to connect?

Ai Hui Yap

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: My Samsung galaxy s4 says it's connected to the wifi but the wifi won't work

My computer and my tablet connect fine but for some reason its only my samsung that won't connect to it. I'm pretty sure its not the wifi problem. I've also tried to turn the wifi on and off but that didn't work. Basically. My Samsung says its connected but there's no internet at all. Do you think its a problem with my phone?

Ai Hui Yap

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site

The guide didn't really help but I really appreciate that you tried. I ended up resetting my phone back to factory settings and now the wifi works fine!

NAND_Drives

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

Hello Ai Hui Yap,

You can solve the WiFi connectivity problems of your S4 by following the detailed instructions provided on 1kdiy[dot]com
Check out the second article. It helped me connect my s5 to the home network.

Best

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude