Phone died and new one is ordered - will I receive the texts I missed in between?

lyw

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
My Droid Razr M died on Sunday night (it's stuck on the red eye and nothing I've tried has worked - from soft to factory resets. Motorola and Verizon had no solution either).

I have ordered a new Samsung GS5 which is set to arrive on Thursday. For the text messages I missed between Sunday-Thursday, will I still be able to receive them on my new GS5? From my (rudimentary) understanding, the messages should have been undelivered to my old phone, so they should be sent when I activate my new phone. Is that correct?

Also, I have my old SIM card, but a new SIM card is getting mailed as well. Should I be inserting my old SIM card to retrieve contact information, etc. - or is that not stored on my old SIM? Thanks!

Keith Garwick

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Second question first. I believe that both of these phones use a micro sized SIM card. I guess you could try the old card on the new phone, but I honestly don't see any advantage there. Virtually all chips eventually corrupt and lose data, why not just start with new hardware?

Next, your text messages.... You are in great shape there! Verizon Message Plus apk will resynchronize you older messages without a hitch. Other sms apps will as well, but i don't have a list of "go / no-go" apks.

Verizon Messages - Verizon Wireless

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc