What is another way to root my LG Optimus L70 (MS323) WITHOUT using towelroot?

Kyle Lemieux

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Here are my device details:

Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband version: M8610B-AAAANAZM-1.0.6038
Kernal version: 3.4.0+
Build number: KOT49I.MS32310c
Software version: MS32310c

I tried to do it with TW, even by changing the modstrings, but I still got "This phone isn't currently supported" D:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. The kernel build date is probably newer than June 2. You can look up the Unlockr. They usually have some pretty good root guides. But if no one has found a way to root it, there won't be a way to.

Rondeau7

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Kyle Lemieux I recently bought the same phone with the same build and software version (c). The easiest way to root this phone is to downgrade back to the (b) version through LG support tools and flash the proper kdz file with adb. I did that and then the towelroot apk worked on this phone. After that install SuperSu and the required binaries. Then check your root status and it should be good to go. If the phone gets an OTA update just ignore it. If you install the update it will go back to the (c) version and unroot the phone. LG has gone to great lengths to make sure this phone is well secured from hacking. PM me for more information if you need it. I just did this a few weeks ago and already have unlocked the bootloader and have CWM custom recovery on the phone. I've flashed a different kernel on it. Just need to buy a bigger external sdcard for flashing ROMs.
P.S In order to get developer options available you need to got to Settings>About Phone>Software Info>Build number>tap it 7 times to unlock that feature. Another security update that LG made. Oh and make sure to check allow downloads from other sources too.

F Montes

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Kyle Lemieux I recently bought the same phone with the same build and software version (c). The easiest way to root this phone is to downgrade back to the (b) version through LG support tools and flash the proper kdz file with adb. I did that and then the towelroot apk worked on this phone. After that install SuperSu and the required binaries. Then check your root status and it should be good to go. If the phone gets an OTA update just ignore it. If you install the update it will go back to the (c) version and unroot the phone. LG has gone to great lengths to make sure this phone is well secured from hacking. PM me for more information if you need it. I just did this a few weeks ago and already have unlocked the bootloader and have CWM custom recovery on the phone. I've flashed a different kernel on it. Just need to buy a bigger external sdcard for flashing ROMs.
P.S In order to get developer options available you need to got to Settings>About Phone>Software Info>Build number>tap it 7 times to unlock that feature. Another security update that LG made. Oh and make sure to check allow downloads from other sources too.
How do we get ms32310b kdz file. Step by step instructions on downgrading would really help. Thank you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
To prevent people from making one-post advertising threads. Ten posts to post a clickable link or, if the link is really helpful, mung it (put spaces around the dots). If someone really wants to go to the link, he'll copy, paste and delete the spaces.

As for the OP, the exploit that Towel Root used to root was patched on kernels dated June 3, 2014 and later. Someone has to find a new exploit for newer versions/kernels/phones. That could take 10 minutes, 10 months or never. (Most people capable of reading the code don't have the time, patience or inclination to study hundreds of thousands of lines of code, looking for something that might be exploitable. It's a long-term, full-time job.)

Rondeau7

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Do this at your own risk., I am only going to guide you on how to get this device rooted anything else you do to it afterwards is not my problem.
1. Download and install LG Flash Tool 2014
2. Download and extract MS32310b firmware
3. Power on phone and go to settings>general>about phone>software information>build number and tap it 7 times you are now a developer.
4. Go to developer options and click on allow usb debugging.
5. Connect usb cord to your phone and allow your computer to install the device drivers for your phone you might have to go through every option to get all of the phones information on your computer.
6. Open up LG Flash Tool 2014 file make sure the MS32310b kdz is in that file folder just to make things are easier.
7. Power off phone and plug in your usb cord while holding the vol + button to go into download mode.
8. Open the LG Flash Tool application and make sure the download mode is in emergency mode, the type should be 3GQCT choose the correct kdz file and press normal flash, it will bring up another window and press start, this will bring up another window and click ok.
9. If everything goes well then the LG Flash Tool should flash the MS32310b software on your phone. follow any directions this program asks.
10. If successfull then you have the previous software on your phone
11. Go through all of the initial startup processes and then download the Towelroot apk from the internet and install it via file manager (follow all instructions and just choose o.k to the download and installation as warnings will come up ignore them.)
12. Open the Towelrooot app and press make it rain you should then be rooted.
13.. Install SuperSU and update binaries normally, check if you have root with root checker.
This is as far as I'm going to go with this phone, I've bricked a couple of them by unlocking the bootloader, after that your only choice is fastboot. I'm going back to my LG f6 because it is alot easier.

Luis Linares1

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
All the exploits i find are all from June or July and no longer work. These include Towelroot Framaroot Kingo and stumproot. Too bad i guess ive been searching for the past 3 days. Ill just have to wait. 😓😐😢

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Most devs are probably working on 5 or 5.0.1, or are waiting for 5.0.2. It's going to be a while. I don't mean a few days, I mean maybe 6 months or so. Finding an exploit to use to root isn't something simple, like brain surgery. It's more like brain surgery on an alien on a planet we haven't discovered yet - done remotely.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty