I've entered bootloader accidentally and I'm not to sure how to exit safely?

thorpette

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I've entered bootloader accidentally and I'm not to sure how to exit safely

Hi,

My HTC One (M7) froze on me earlier and I played about pressing a combination of the power and volume buttons to see if that could get it going again. I ended up on a white screen I haven't seen before with three of the android guys on skateboards at the bottom (after a bit of research I think it's the bootloader screen).

I know very little about the technical side of android and after reading through loads of other forum posts I'm non the wiser about how to exit this safely without changing any settings or losing data (pictures, music etc.).

The options are:

Fastboot
Recovery
Factory Reset
Simlock
Check smart SD
Image CRC
Show barcode

Like I said, I'm only a very basic user, so just want to get back to normal!

Hope someone out there can help!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.☺

Use the Volume Up/Down button to highlight Recovery, and press Power button to select it. Once in Recovery, you can highlight and select a Cache Partition wipe (using the buttons in the same way), which may help if your phone is frozen. Alternatively, you could perform a Factory Reset, which will wipe the phone and cause the loss of all personal data not backed up (wiping the Cache Partition does not do this). Or you could simply try Reboot....your phone may just restart normally with any luck, depending on what caused it to freeze.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool