upgrading soon. need advice.

bs5283

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
currently have verizon and an s4 and upgrading in a few weeks probably. seeing many thing about the s6 and I'm thinking of waiting on it or jump to a note4 or something else. opinions needed I want to know whats better.... nexus, LG, Motorola etc. I need the best overall specs

Posted via the Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Specs, most of the new phones are about on par.
You need to check all those phones and make sure to get the one that covers your needs the most.

Remember, all of us are different and don't have the same needs, so choosing base on what others say you should get is not always good.

In my case, I have the GS5 and love it, specially the pictures and videos I take with it!

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
About the only differences you'll find are features. I wouldn't like to give up my S-Pen, for example, but some people never use it. I won't buy a phone that I can't remove the battery on by popping off the back cover.

If Motorola had the same quality it had back about 10 years ago, I wouldn't buy anything else - but, sadly, they left quality back about 10 years ago and haven't been able to find it. (I mean like my StarTec slipping out of my hand in the rain, dropping 3 feet to the blacktop, skating about 100 feet across a sheet of water and ending up with a scar on the back of the case you can't find unless you know where it is. (The phone still works, even though, since it has no GPS, it can't be activated.) I still use my 10 year old V551 as a backup phone. If it gets "lost" or damaged, it'll cost about $20 to replace - but it has a more sensitive receiver than almost anything on the market today.

But now? About the only advantage of Nexus is the price. You can get the same quality phone for a lot less than the other manufacturers. But the phone has to be opened to replace the battery.

I want an HTC with an S-Pen and a replaceable battery. (And a check for a million dollars, while I'm wishing for impossible things.) So my Note 3 stays as it is until it dies. (Or until someone comes up with a way to root Lollipop on the AT&T version, at which time I'll update.) My next phone? We'll see what's there when the Note 3 dies.

As for your choice, any Samsung phone on Verizon (or AT&T) will have a locked bootloader (and Knox), so flashing a different kernel is impossible, and any ROM will have to be a variation on the stock (bloatware removed, rooted, etc.) if any of that matters to you. About all I've seen that might be better than the other 1Q 2015 phones is the 64 bit processor. That will do more to future-proof it than anything else (assuming it has a lot of RAM and internal app storage).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac