Android Backup Advice

TheOriginalWolfman

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I just did my first Android factory reset (Note 3 via Samsung Kies), and it was kinda painful considering I'm coming from iphone's extremely care free icloud backup and restore.

Everything was backed up just fine except for app data. It was a pain losing game saves, having to set up most apps from scratch.

So my question is...is there something I'm missing? Is there an icloud equivalent for android that would backup an exact image of the phone automatically and restore it exactly as it was before?

Thank you in advance :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I just did my first Android factory reset (Note 3 via Samsung Kies), and it was kinda painful considering I'm coming from iphone's extremely care free icloud backup and restore.

Everything was backed up just fine except for app data. It was a pain losing game saves, having to set up most apps from scratch.

So my question is...is there something I'm missing? Is there an icloud equivalent for android that would backup an exact image of the phone automatically and restore it exactly as it was before?

Thank you in advance :)

Google is starting to be more active in saving some settings and such on their servers. Google Play Games can save some game data (depends if the developer includes this) and it is as easy as signing in with a Google+ account (you can disable sharing if you don't want to do all that). Otherwise, there are apps in Play that will backup almost everything. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.koushikdutta.backup&hl=en&token=i9BYMFzS

TheOriginalWolfman

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the quick reply...I do have another (maybe related to the factory reset) question...when I leave the android central app, there is a blue box or border around the top left app icon. It goes away when I touch the screen!

That is very weird and I've never noticed it before. Is that a problem with the android central app or did something go wrong with my phone's software??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance